Monday, November 1, 2010

In The Meantime


I'm at work, I'm hungry, and my eyes hurt. It's just one of those days. I'm blessed to be alive, healthy, and have people around me who love me. Looking on the bright side :-)

Recently I thought to myself, "OMG!! I'll be 28 in 3 months!!" Can I just say that at this pace (I'm really hard on myself btw), I'm moving way too slow. So 2 months left for one writing project (will inform you about that later), I've been freelancing (http://www.jukeboxdc.com/2010/10/inside-box-big-krit.html), will continue and then it's novel publishing time. I have some options. I want to be thoroughly knowledgeable about the company I'm going with and I also need to write my own book proposal because I want to have as much control over this as possible.

I'm also reading more novels by non-African American writers. There's nothing wrong with broadening my scope. It will enhance my writing skills as I set out for novel number 2.

In the midst of all this, work is a challenge but a good one. Family's better and dating has taken a backseat even though truly Tis the Season (by that I mean the male species is starting to really getting serious here) and it's evident...But er uh, I now know where to keep dating until I really (rationally) know when someone's right for me. One key no-no is if he/they at all pull me away from my purpose, my writing, me making more money. My philosophy is if it's right, it shouldn't. Am I wrong?

Love,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment