Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Pressure's On


2010 is almost a wrap!! I remember where I was when the clock struck midnight, at a party drinking and dancing with my girls, flirting with a beautiful man. LOL!! Yeah, I was twitterpated, excited about what was to come...having no idea of...what was to come.

It was an eventful 12 months to say the least. Financially draining, financially rewarding, job lows, job highs, career stepping stones, career stresses, love...troubled, great, confusing, irritating, amazingly wonderful, I decline, I decline, I decline, I accept, yep I accept, wait-did you just decline me? What the hell, man?, pro-team, no team, and back around again :-) Hey, it is what it is-as cliche as that is.

Speaking of career successes though, I really enjoy writing for JukeBoxDC.com. So far I've written 3 articles, have completed 7 video interviews- some not published yet, and I've made some great connections all within a few months. More than it being fun and interesting, it was a big boost considering the fact that I had quit interviewing per a few bad experiences-as mentioned in an aforementioned post. It's strengthening and encouraging to pick something back up that you dropped because of the negativity of people who aren't supportive of you. You're supposed to keep going. :-)

But with all the reporting that I've been doing, the 9-5 getting busy, and this other project I've been working on, I've been neglecting my novel. That makes me feel like crap cus that's my baby, period. So yesterday, I did some more editing and I'm going at agents hard. That's it and that's all. 2011 will be the year Samantha Luck gets published.

I can tell this will be a great year. With God first, I trust that things will go according to His plan. Following my calling... :-)

Have a blessed year!!!

Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment