Thursday, April 14, 2011

Don't Push Me...Just Stop.

#sigh That's exactly what I just did. Why? Because there is a proverbial thorn in my side; guaranteed, though, that after I write this, I will feel a lot better and relieved. The thorn in my side is a person's persistence to get my attention. I am not willing to give it, so if said person is reading this, take this as an open letter (sort of) and just let it go. I really do mean no harm...but I would like you to leave me alone.

Not every situation between a man and a woman will work out to become a full-fledged commitment, a loving relationship, a deep or close friendship to last through the ages. Some people just get together because an initial attraction is there, and over time and for various reasons it fades. That's life.

If there is ever a question of why it didn't work, why don't people ask immediately rather than letting years go by and then bringing it up in the present? While I didn't mind explaining my perspective after a lot of time passed, I did mind being argued with about my perspective. Don't ask, if you can't handle it.

Now, I am a person who has a habit of leaving a situation and not turning back. What that means most of the time is that I don't need to keep in touch with past guys. Rarely do I keep the connection and there have only been two (my BFF and I went through the list) that I will call friends- they remind me of each other. It's funny to me. But I love them both dearly. Anywho, for everyone else, most of whom are not my enemies, we just don't need to keep in touch. Let me reiterate, it's NO BEEF...but it becomes beef when I'm bombarded with questions and then rebuttals for my own personal reasons for exiting, and thennnnn I'm chastised for being honest and straight to the point. Would you really rather me sugar coat this? If that's the case, no wonder nothing became of us. If I can take it- honesty, bluntness, then I feel like my kind of guy should be able to as well. My opinion.

Anywho, once I say I'm no longer discussing the issue, that's exactly what I mean. I'm no longer answering the whys. What is the point when you don't hear me in the first place? I feel like people quick to argue are hardly empathetic. They don't see it from your perspective, they can only view the situation from their's. Well if that's the case, don't ask me another thing.

So I said my peace, was argued "at," and I left it alone, not responding to anything else, that's my queue to ignore...Okay, that right there, is not an invitation to "knock on my door" a.k.a. reach out through digital technology after some days have passed. Stoppppppp....puhlease. No beef, just let it be. Seriously. Let it go. Not every person you date is gonna want to be your friend after or entertain your 20 questions plus unnecessary arguments. There's a lot of life to live; go live it.
God Bless You and Good Night...

~Sam

2 comments: