Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Finding My Joy




So for all who know me, you know that in the past three months I’ve experienced many losses, Grandparents and sister. I thought that the initial loss was tough… Nope it’s the after effects that are really rough, the things you have to get in order that others just don’t understand, the strong person you have to be because your family needs that, the getting up to go to work when you want to just…not, the elevated intense pain and empathy you feel when another loved one is going through a hard time.

I’ve celebrated a book release, I even had a party (that I’d wished my sister was there to attend- she happened to be number one on my guest list when I was planning it, unbeknownst of what was to come), I’ve hung out, I’ve dated, I’ve had a ball, but in between all of that, I’ve been grieving, sometimes silently, other times not so silently, but always privately.

What I know is that it’s necessary to balance. Joy has to be found somewhere, somehow.


  • Soooooo I put a hold on writing book number #2, which was going to be way more serious and quite darker than the first. I’ve started on book #3, lighter, more fun. I need that right now. 
  • I’m wearing my hair curly, in it’s natural state. I forgot how pretty it is, and perfect for the warmer weather coming soon. 
  • Yesterday, I bought a bright aqua blue, long sundress. It reminds me relaxing times, the sun, cool breezes and iced fruit smoothies…


Annnnnnnd I’m going to L.A….for a visit- for starters ;-)

The End :-)


Love,

Sammi

What’s your joy? What makes you feel great?

1 comment:

  1. Being your Mom and reading your writings are two of my joys.

    ReplyDelete