Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How Do You Start Your Day?


I used to have an issue with fall. For me, it spelled the end of summer and fun, beaches and bathing suits, block parties and cookouts. But as I've grown, fall has become a positive change agent rather than a negative one. It's a time to restart, a time to reflect, a time to build and execute. This mind shift has started since I moved back to the DC area where season change is much more obvious than in Tallahassee, Fl (last home).

This particular fall, the dawn of the sky is so much more visible from my living room window, something I'd always wanted. I'll take a moment to sit and be still, watching the sky light up with colors of orange, pink, fiery yellow. It's a beautiful way to start my day, watching nature be itself, do its thing, and being in an attitude of gratitude for many things but mainly for being able to witness this every morning if I choose. It gets me going and reminds me to be natural, be myself, and to be consistent in growth and service. It's my Organic wake up call.

What's yours? What gets you going in a positive way?

Love,

~Sam

6 comments:

  1. it's an actual physical depiction of change, right? which kind of makes me want to change something in/for myself. I totally get it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yeah. I remember at school the fact of the seasons not changing left me feeling stagnant. I realized the definite changes in scenery and weather really help me to do something different, begin again...

      Delete
  2. Incredible Sam...Forever amazing me!

    There is something serene about Fall. It provides the the backdrop for what I call a retrospective foresight, that is, a moment (or series of moments) where we look back on how far we've come, how many obstacles we've surmounted, and how much we truly can be thankful for as we assess the degree to which we're closer or farther away from our reason for "being," and make the necessary adjustments-relationships(probably one of the most impactful in helping to shape our future), employment...

    We should ask ourselves, is there a clear synergy between my actions and desires, or as Andy Stanley puts it Actions+Direction=Destination.

    Fall is the best time to recalibrate, regenerate, and re-position!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right!! This season does provide a time for reflection, reassessment and re-position. With you on that!

      Delete